Monday, March 22, 2021

Non-Astronomy Photos 2021

November 20th Peacock

I had been in Corsham town centre several times but not seen any peacocks for ages. I finally saw one and caught him on camera.


October 27th Peacock

We saw another peacock in Corsham town centre.



October 24th Peacock and Ducks

One of the attractions of our new home town is that the peacocks from Corsham Court often wander into the town. I only had my 'phone camera handy when this one wandered close, so I managed a nice shot.


Later in the day, we visited Biddestone, where I photographed some ducks.



September 24th Rose

I snapped a rose in full bloom at our new house.


I  also took a photo of our hanging basket.




July 16th Roses

Roses at the back.




July 2nd Iris

I snapped an Iris in the front garden.



June 16th 1415 GMT Sun

I was delighted by this solar shot in white light, showing a sunspot. Usual tactics of DSLR at 300mm focal length, ISO 100 and 1/4000 second, capped with Baader solar filter.



June 15th 2045 GMT Moon

I snapped the Moon with my DSLR at 300mm focal length, ISO 100 and 1/200 second exposure.



June 15th 1110 GMT Sun and Moon

 

The Big Bear and Learmonth images were not available this morning, so I went straight for the SOHO images, which suggested that the sunspot had grown. Some of it would have been due to the rotation of the solar disc but the overall impression was that I would get a better shot than on the previous day.



Having been (unexpectedly) clouded out for my planned Moon photo shoot the evening before, I saw the Moon low in the east and had a go anyway, even though the odds of a good image were about 1 in 4 at best. No, it didn't happen!

June 15th Rose

A rose bloomed and I caught it on camera.



June 9th Roses

I took some photos of roses from our garden, front and back.








May 31st Corsham Court

I captured Corsham Court while walking our dogs in a nearby field.



May 30th Bradford on Avon

My camera did not work well on this trip to a local town but this showed quite nicely.



May 25th Flower

 

After photographing the Sun, I photographed an intMyeresting flower in the office car park that I had never seen before. 





May 17th Bath Royal United Hospital

 

I took some photos of the plants and a sculpture. I also caught a nice view of some of the hills above Bath.


Most photos did not work. Well I only had a 'phone camera when I prefer a DSLR. I caught an interesting sculpture, though.





March 22nd Daffodils

As in 2020, I did not start attempting non-astronomy photos until later in the year Part of the reason was that I did not want to take photos that were too similar to those I had taken in previous years. Having said that, I could not resist this crop of daffodils.


March 14th Peacock

Peacocks from Corsham Court often stray into the town. Here's one we caught near the roadside.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment